3.13.2011

An Oldie but Goodie


Pattern: "Rusted Root," by Sarah Johnson, available on Ravelry for a $6 download
Yarn: Misti Alpaca Pima Cotton and Silk (83% cotton/17% silk)
Colorway: Papaya


Plus:
I actually finished this way back in November, but--being a self-conscious girl in general--have been loathe to dress up and do a proper photo shoot. I've been wearing it like crazy, however. I found it especially comfortable and appropriate in Dallas, where a cozy, short-sleeved, breathable sweater is exactly what the doctor ordered on a "cold" (read 50 degrees) evening. Now that it's spring here in Virginia, I plan on it becoming my official wardrobe.



Delta:
Though I felt pretty daring and conceited while knitting a medium in this pattern, I think I could have gotten away with a small, or at least done more decreases to the waistline. Now that I've lost 63 pounds (!!!) that's actually a big problem when it comes to my handknits. I've tossed out 3/4ths of my wardrobe in favor of trimmer duds, but when it comes to a sweater I've painstakingly knit by hand...let's just say, I'm hoping to find them good, adopted mommies.

I have an Ingenue knit up to a 41" bust with a few extra inches of length; a Split-Neckline Cap-Sleeve Tee at 41" with many extra inches of length; and a 41" February Lady Sweater (version for broader shoulders). Any takers? Swappers? Barterers?

3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Could I order one of these? I'd pay you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sweater is adorable - and you look GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design and color! You are soooooo skinny! So proud of your accomplishments....moving, teaching in a challenging school, continuing to create, getting involved in performing using you great voice, and continuing weight watchers! You are amazing me! Elaine

    ReplyDelete